KINDNESS FROM STRANGERS

If you have a heart can help anybody.
                When I was teen, all I wanted a ring. They were the ‘in’ thing and it seemed everyone except me had one. On my birthday, my mother gifted me a golden ring with my initials engraved into it. I was in heaven. What made it even more special was that it was about the only thing that wasn’t being “replaced”.
During my college days, I moved to hostel to hostel. I had lost many things –so most of the ‘new’ stuff we got was really just to replace what we’d lost, not my ring. Then, few months later I lost it. I took if off before bed and it was missing in the morning from hostel.
                I was devasted and searched everywhere for it. But it seemed to have disappeared. Eventually I gave up and stopped looking for it. Years passed not one or two-thirteen years. Our College Reunion day we’re planned to contribute something those who were with us but only a lady security and a cook came just for seeing us.
                Reunion day, a couple of moves later our cook named mrs.Jaini became too old, she revealed she had something for me. It wasn’t my birthday, nor wasn’t I special for her. I didn’t even talked with her properly but I remember one thing during my college days majority of the days I was the first person for the breakfast while having my breakfast she looked my face till I finish. If saying that tasty or delicious food can see an innocent smile on her face.
                So I wondered, she noticed my questioning look. She said”you will recognize this one” and added that “This small box was the most precious one in my home”-smiling
                Then she handed me a small oval box. I took it from her and opened it to find my beautiful ring inside. I was happy and a bit excited.
                The family who had bought our old hostel decided to do some renovations. Our cook was neighbour of our old hostel building, so she came to help them, when they pulled the fixed carpet up in my old bedroom they found the ring. As it had my initials engraved into it, she realized who owned the ring. I went back the day I got the ring how much excited and happy to saw my initials. Years later I got the same ring, not that much happy, priority for many other things.
                Her eyes sparkle with such joy –priceless.Sometimes, life requires we to apologize whether we’re right or not, whether we’re really sorry or not.Iam not sure why I said sorry to her-may be because I didn’t noticed her as much she did or In my mind, If you make even a person smile during your day or brighten the mood even a stranger, your day has been a worthwhile one.
                At a glance I got my ring after thirteen years-I can be happy and kept as my valuable one. But I returned to her didn’t know why so. Everyone who enters our life has a lesson to teach or a story to tell. Every person we pass during the moments that make up our days represents an opportunity to show a little more of the compassion and courtesy that defines our humanity. Her gesture was a great lesson in the importance of giving sincerely and from the heart.
She was filled with lots of love and always remembers the fewer times she spent with me. Gone but never forgotten.


                We won’t get another day in life to acts of decency and kindness, which add up to something truly great over the course of a lifetime. As somebody said the words that enlighten the soul are more precious than jewels. In Sharma’s words-Every human being is a writer, some are written in books and some are confined to hearts.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WONDERFUL MORNINGS

MY HAPPINESS CALENDAR